Soundtrack Central The best of VGM and other great soundtracks

Please sign up or log in for the best forum experience!

Dais Nov 28, 2008

XLord007 wrote:

My biggest complaint is that the original sprite-based intro sequence has been completely replaced with the inferior animated one.  I was hoping that both would be in there.

Try

1. waiting on the title screen

2. turning off the cutscenes in the settings

XLord007 Nov 29, 2008

Dais wrote:

Try

1. waiting on the title screen

2. turning off the cutscenes in the settings

I already tried both of those things, so unless you know some secret trick, it's not there.

Angela Dec 1, 2008

XLord007 wrote:

My biggest complaint is that the original sprite-based intro sequence has been completely replaced with the inferior animated one.  I was hoping that both would be in there.

The lack of the original intro is regrettable, but I'd hardly consider the animated one inferior.  Is it that you find the animated sequence itself objectionable, or just the fact that it replaced the original outright? 

Also, I don't remember being able to switch characters at any time in the original -- I thought you had to be on a location you could save at to do that.  Am I remembering things right or could you always do that?

Yeah, this feature is new for the DS.  Does make the game somewhat easier, since you can just swap out any secondary character who's getting low on MP for one who's fully loaded.  Makes getting through certain dungeons a breeze.

SonicPanda Dec 1, 2008

Anybody else not have their copy yet? My order's been listed as "Verifying" for almost a week now, which is odd considering I preordered it a month ago. I've been playing a bit of Chrono Cross in the meantime (not sequential I know, but what's chronology to a time-travel series?), but I'm starting to get a bit impatient.

XLord007 Dec 1, 2008

Angela wrote:

The lack of the original intro is regrettable, but I'd hardly consider the animated one inferior.  Is it that you find the animated sequence itself objectionable, or just the fact that it replaced the original outright?

Probably both, but I would be less agitated if the original sequence was still in there.  I've been playing the game with animated sequences turned on since, outside of the opening, they play both the animated sequence and sprite-based sequence, and in every case I'd say the sprite-based animations carry more emotional weight than the animated ones.

Related Albums

Board footer

Forums powered by FluxBB