Soundtrack Central The best of VGM and other great soundtracks

Please sign up or log in for the best forum experience!

csK Oct 9, 2007

Mortal Kombat Conquests (in N America.)  Not that I'd buy it, since I haven't even bought sets of shows that HAVE been released here (Sliders, X-files), but so the option was always there!

Ashley Winchester Oct 9, 2007

Ryu wrote:
allyourbaseare wrote:

Rocko's Modern Life would be a "maybe" for me.  Although I've thoroughly enjoyed the cartoon, I believe I may have grown out of it.

I fear that Rocko might not have aged well, but I have my hopes.

IMHO, Rocko has aged far better than other Nicktoons such as Rugrats and Doug. Doug (the BEETS!) seems too confined and Rugrats was cheapened with three movies (the addition of Dil in the first one - yuck!) and a spin off that essentially removed the factor why the show worked in it's early years.

The Angry Beavers still works but it's heavily dependent on the episode in my case.

avatar! Oct 9, 2007

jb wrote:

Exo Squad

Good call! I'll second that, and I'd also like to add that I thought the MASK cartoons were quite cool back in the day... but I doubt they're on the same caliber as Exo Squad.

cheers,

-avatar!

Nick G Oct 9, 2007 (edited Oct 9, 2007)

Awesome thread! Here are mine:

Werewolf - It aired on FOX in the late 80's. It had the coolest werewolf costumes ever. I've had to settle with an over-priced homemade set for too long.
The Dana Carvey Show - This show probably didn't last two seasons but what little I was able to check out was insanely funny. I think it was Steve Carell's first tv series.
Streethawk - It was a motorcycle with machine guns. Nuff said.
Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors - Classic animated series. My brother and I had all the toys.
Pole Position - Cool talking cars! I've got a homemade set but it sucks.
Bravestar - A Hannah-Barbera series, if I recall correctly. Pretty well-animated action, considering.
Get A Life - Wickedly funny sitcom starring Chris Elliott. Totally off-the-wall humor.
Small Wonder - If we still had sitcoms like this on television, the world would be at peace tongue

Nemo Oct 9, 2007

Mr. Bogus - Like Gumby on acid, I used to get up early on Sunday mornings just to watch it, though I fear nostalgia may have made my heart grow fonder after realizing how weak Captain N and GamePro TV were after seeing them again.

Goosebumps - It's already on DVD, but at $10 a piece for 2 episodes, hell no (I think I could only stomach re-watching them once a decade anyway).  It's one of those shows I only enjoy watching to make fun of everything about it (acting, production value, story, etc.) and because I used to love the books as a lil Nemo.  Again, gotta love nostlagia.

Ashley Winchester Oct 9, 2007

Nemo wrote:

Goosebumps - It's already on DVD, but at $10 a piece for 2 episodes, hell no (I think I could only stomach re-watching them once a decade anyway).  It's one of those shows I only enjoy watching to make fun of everything about it (acting, production value, story, etc.) and because I used to love the books as a lil Nemo.  Again, gotta love nostlagia.

Aren't they airing that on cartoon network now? You could see them again that way.

GoldfishX Oct 9, 2007

TerraEpon wrote:

Smurfs is coming out starting in November. But there's so many, it'll be a while, and expensive hmm

And worth it. I'm mostly after the earliest episodes anyway, which I never had the chance to see much of (the episode with Tracker Smurf haunts me to this day...I saw it once when I was 5 or 6 and I can remember 90% of the dialogue...Of course, the Wortmongers were kinda scary back then too) and I really stopped watching past the season with Grampa Smurf introduced (the season they introduced Wild Smurf, who I absolutely hated). I hear it got crazy in the final season with time traveling, but I didn't see any of it.

TerraEpon wrote:

Gotta assume you mean the 90s Fox one

Yeah, definitely that one. The newer one is absolutely horrendous to look at for me.

Also, due to the Nickelodeon mentions I forgot, I'm adding "Hey Dude", "Doug" and "Rocko". And good god, Tiny Toons...Why they ever stopped making this show in the first place, I'll never know. Hell yeah, I'll buy the boxset.

Of course, all this just reminds me just how good TV used to be...

shdwrlm3 Oct 9, 2007

Gotta assume you mean the 90s Fox one...in which case I agree (though IIRC a long time ago they released a couple invidicual arcs, like the Phoenix one). I'd prefer Spiderman even more though, myself.

The X-Men DVDs that have been released were very cheaply done. The Phoenix Saga one inexplicably had Magneto on the cover, even though he never appeared in any of those episodes  o_O

Mortal Kombat Conquests (in N America.)  Not that I'd buy it, since I haven't even bought sets of shows that HAVE been released here (Sliders, X-files), but so the option was always there!

That was such a craptacular series. I must have it!

Since the subject is box sets in general, I'd also love to see a box set of the animated Batman movies (Mask of the Phantasm, Sub-Zero, and Return of the Joker; I could take or leave Batwoman). Mask of the Phantasm is in desperate need of a special edition.

Ryu Oct 9, 2007 (edited Oct 9, 2007)

Responding to Goldfish's comment in a non-argumentative way:  I like several shows out now, mainly sci-fi stuff (Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, Supernatural, Smallville), as well as the fake news hour on Comedy Central and the MacFarlane cartoon hour on Sundays.

Speaking of Family Guy, I'm shocked that they actually got Rush Limbaugh for the Star Wars season premiere.

Ashley Winchester Oct 9, 2007

Ryu wrote:

Speaking of Family Guy...

Ugh... no comment. Have the first two boxes and I'm done although I do want to see the Star Wars special for some reason.

XLord007 Oct 9, 2007

Well, I guess I'm pretty fortunate in that every single TV show I wanted on DVD has been released except Andy Richter Controls the Universe.  At this point, I don't particularly care if it ever makes it out, but if it does, I'll certainly pick it up.

Kirin Lemon Oct 9, 2007

shdwrlm3 wrote:

Since the subject is box sets in general, I'd also love to see a box set of the animated Batman movies (Mask of the Phantasm, Sub-Zero, and Return of the Joker; I could take or leave Batwoman). Mask of the Phantasm is in desperate need of a special edition.

Err...

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct … Id=5787022

As for me, let's see...

The Real Ghostbusters
Gargoyles Season 2 Part 2
Salute Your Shorts
The Adventures of Pete and Pete Season 3
Aladdin (TV Series)
X-Men
X-Men Evolution Season 4
Dog Bites Man
Freakazoid
Tiny Toon Adventures

GoldfishX Oct 9, 2007 (edited Oct 9, 2007)

Ryu wrote:

Responding to Goldfish's comment in a non-argumentative way:  I like several shows out now, mainly sci-fi stuff (Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, Supernatural, Smallville), as well as the fake news hour on Comedy Central and the MacFarlane cartoon hour on Sundays.

I didn't say there wasn't good stuff on TV, but...Let me just say there's very little I'll be buying the boxset for in a few years. And I just think modern cartoons (Cartoon Network stuff) have gone to total crap, period. Would it really hurt to get some goddamn Looney Tunes out there?

Speaking of "modern" TV: Rock of Love with Bret Michaels. Yeah, I consider reality TV the work of the devil, but I'm a hopeless Poison fanboy and I enjoyed the episodes (and some of the girls) of this show and found it really well-done and funny overall (Bret: "I leave the girls alone with my bandmates for 15 minutes and I come back and they're all smashed!"). Yeah, I'd probably get this. Would also like to see one for the Supergroup show, which I've heard about recently, but haven't had a chance to watch...I imagine Scott Ian and Sebastian Bach working together in a reality TV setting being very interesting.

James O Oct 9, 2007

I heard it was just announced for Europe and NA is following after, but I can't wait to get some english sub/french dub Les Mysterieuses Cites D'or.  I loved that show.

Megavolt Oct 9, 2007

Nemo wrote:

Mr. Bogus - Like Gumby on acid, I used to get up early on Sunday mornings just to watch it, though I fear nostalgia may have made my heart grow fonder after realizing how weak Captain N and GamePro TV were after seeing them again.

Wow, I hadn't thought about that show in a while, and yet I never forgot it.  That's the one with the little orange guy and the claymation portions.  I still remember the theme song a little bit.

Idolores Oct 9, 2007

Did anyone say Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs yet? Or Samurai Pizza Cats? Because I want those two badly enough to strangle a dog.

allyourbaseare Oct 10, 2007

Ashley Winchester wrote:

The Angry Beavers still works but it's heavily dependent on the episode in my case.

"Up all Day"  continues to crack me up, and I'll second the comment about Rugrats.  It lost its charm about 3 or 4 years in.

Nemo Oct 10, 2007

Ashley Winchester wrote:
Nemo wrote:

Goosebumps - It's already on DVD, but at $10 a piece for 2 episodes, hell no (I think I could only stomach re-watching them once a decade anyway).  It's one of those shows I only enjoy watching to make fun of everything about it (acting, production value, story, etc.) and because I used to love the books as a lil Nemo.  Again, gotta love nostlagia.

Aren't they airing that on cartoon network now? You could see them again that way.

Yeah, that's what reintroduced me to the show.

Ashley Winchester Oct 10, 2007 (edited Oct 10, 2007)

allyourbaseare wrote:
Ashley Winchester wrote:

The Angry Beavers still works but it's heavily dependent on the episode in my case.

"Up all Day"  continues to crack me up...

I can't remember the names of the episodes but I love the one where Dagget and Norb's night is disrupted by a noisy and "humongerious" cricket and the other where Norbert "bops" Dagget into next week, month, etc for bugging him.

Jodo Kast Oct 11, 2007

With respect to TV shows, everything but one show I'm interested in has made it to DVD. I stopped watching TV sometime in the 90s, so I'm very unfamiliar with anything past the year 2000. The only one I want is Otherworld. http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0088587/

As for movies, I can't think of much. I would really like to have the first two films by Kim Ki Duk, which are Alligator and Wild Animals. Every American movie that interests me is already on DVD.

allyourbaseare Oct 11, 2007

Ashley Winchester wrote:

I can't remember the names of the episodes but I love the one where Dagget and Norb's night is disrupted by a noisy and "humongerious" cricket and the other where Norbert "bops" Dagget into next week, month, etc for bugging him.

That one's good too.  "Up all Day" is a continuation from "Up all Night" where they stayed awake as long as they could "just 'cause" and they end up about 1000 years in the future.  "Up all Day" takes them back and follows them as they try to fall asleep, but can't because they're too tired.  Hilarity ensures!

Jay Oct 11, 2007

Actually, while we're on cartoons, I'd really love to see 2 Stupid Dogs make it to DVD.

Board footer

Forums powered by FluxBB