Please sign up or log in for the best forum experience!

    Pages: 1

Rrolack Jun 28, 2017

Boyblunder, you jerk!  Your price for the Star Fox OST is 25% below what I'm trying to get for my copy.  How am I supposed to sell this thing now?

In all seriousness, I saw that otaku.com was trying to get more than $500 for this album a few years ago.  I'm not sure if it sold for that price or not, but what you're asking seems completely fair.

Ashley Winchester Jun 28, 2017

Rrolack wrote:

Boyblunder, you jerk!  Your price for the Star Fox OST is 25% below what I'm trying to get for my copy.  How am I supposed to sell this thing now?

I'm just poking fun here, but he did say no complaints.

Boyblunder Jun 29, 2017

Lol yeah. I'm cool with banter and criticism when it's constructive and legitimate.
What I can't stand is the sort of following comments.
"Disgustingly overpriced, noone will ever pay that"
"Dude you're immoral, you should sell your soundtracks for $20 each to help the community"
"Why would anyone ever pay xxx ammount for a CD!?"
"I hate British people"
"I hate England"

Yeah.

The_Paladin Jun 29, 2017

Boyblunder wrote:

"Dude you're immoral, you should sell your soundtracks for $20 each to help the community".

Is this an exact quote? lol

Idolores Jun 29, 2017

Boyblunder wrote:

Lol yeah. I'm cool with banter and criticism when it's constructive and legitimate.
What I can't stand is the sort of following comments.
"Disgustingly overpriced, noone will ever pay that"
"Dude you're immoral, you should sell your soundtracks for $20 each to help the community"
"Why would anyone ever pay xxx ammount for a CD!?"
"I hate British people"
"I hate England"

Yeah.

I translate all of that as "hurr durr seller should sell for only what I think is fair hurr durr".

f--- them.

Ashley Winchester Jun 30, 2017

Boyblunder wrote:

"Dude you're immoral, you should sell your soundtracks for $20 each to help the community".

I love people like this that don't think. Okay, let's say you did sell an expensive soundtrack like Super Mario RPG for a measly $20. What do you think the person who bought it is going to do? They aren't going to keep it, they're going to ****ing flip it! That's why you can't sell things in that fashion. This is why you can't give a everyone a deal.

Boyblunder Jun 30, 2017 (edited Jun 30, 2017)

The_Paladin wrote:
Boyblunder wrote:

"Dude you're immoral, you should sell your soundtracks for $20 each to help the community".

Is this an exact quote? lol

More or less yes. Heard it a few times on various forums.
Added more stuff, inflated prices of course which will be bartered with.
Will add more when I have time as it's so time consuming

*EDIT - Doesn't seem to be showing all my listings which is strange, I have the Bare Knuckle Complete OST up as well but it won't show, weird.*

The_Paladin Jul 3, 2017

Did you set it to begin at a later time?  I mean it's showing up now, but perhaps that's what happened?  Anyway, I've learned from experience that adding "or best offer" to expensive items is just going to get you flooded with lowball offers.  Conversely, whenever it's on an overpriced item and you make an offer based on what they've actually sold for, the seller usually rejects it (See it on a lot of Japanese sellers).

Boyblunder Jul 4, 2017

The_Paladin wrote:

Did you set it to begin at a later time?  I mean it's showing up now, but perhaps that's what happened?  Anyway, I've learned from experience that adding "or best offer" to expensive items is just going to get you flooded with lowball offers.  Conversely, whenever it's on an overpriced item and you make an offer based on what they've actually sold for, the seller usually rejects it (See it on a lot of Japanese sellers).

Ebay removed the listing as they said it violated category listing. I left it as "video game merchandise" and apparently that was unacceptable to them >.>
Anyway, going to be listing alot more in due course, it's just so damn boring and time consuming. Have about 170 left to do...

Rrolack Jul 4, 2017

If I were to make one suggestion for your listings, it would probably be to include a few more descriptive keywords in the title - with the goal of matching against more searches.

For example, a search for "Star Fox CD", "Star Fox Music" or "Video Game Music" doesn't find your item, which seems less than ideal...

Typically in my listing titles, I'll include as many of these phrases (below) as I can, subject to eBay's length limit:

"Video Game"
"CD"
"Music"
"Soundtrack"
"Nintendo" / "SEGA" / whoever manufactured the relevant console
"Final Fantasy" / "Phantasy Star" / if the CD contains music from a popular franchise

It's hard to know how each specific keyword performs, but I suspect they're all helpful to some degree.

Boyblunder Aug 17, 2017

Sold a few items, still more to go.
Have reduced all prices quite a bit but turned off best offer due to retarded low balls.
I'm undercutting everything quite significantly now so hopefully they'll shift soon. Have an absolute ton of watchers on them.
Hopefully I'll have time to list the 170 mid to low priced soundtracks soon tongue

If there's anybody new check out my sale list on vgmdb.net for a huge list of soundtracks for sale!

jb Aug 17, 2017 (edited Aug 17, 2017)

Just a minor thing, but you should link to ebay.com instead of ebay.co.uk, so USD can see the estimated GBP-->USD conversion automatically.

Boyblunder Aug 17, 2017

jb wrote:

Just a minor thing, but you should link to ebay.com instead of ebay.co.uk, so USD can see the estimated GBP-->USD conversion automatically.

Noted!

Board footer

Forums powered by FluxBB