Please log in or register for the best forum experience.

Pages: 1

Harry Dec 21, 2006

Cain Highwind wrote:

http://www.jeux-france.com/news18562_ff … canne.html

If you watch the shakey cam trailer, you can hear one of the new pieces at the end of the video. I didn't think much of it until I realized, I had heard a FAN remix very similar, but in fact there's was no OFFICIAL Piano version of the same song.

It's not by any means confirmed. That tune could just be made for the trailer. There's the possibility that there will be new music in the new cutscenes, but rest assure, the original music will most likely stay.

Cain Highwind Dec 21, 2006

Well that's the gist I got from the article.

Although still, it's very likely this'll be another "Chrono Trigger 99" which is fine by me.

lordskylark Dec 22, 2006

What they should have done for Chrono Trigger 99 OST was instead of putting on tracks from the original OSV, they should have put the OSV to Radical Dreamers intead.

~Andy

Cedille Dec 22, 2006

In this week magazine, a developer says that as much as new scores may be made for FMV scenes, music will still be basically the same with the PSX version, which at least means all tracks won't be neither rearranged nor remastered (I expect 'em to be remastered though).

Also, for bad sound quality, it's a tad early to confirm the trailer had the piano version of Ramza's Theme (I don't disagree it sounds like so). Hopefull we can watch that video at the official site soon.

Cain Highwind wrote:

Although still, it's very likely this'll be another "Chrono Trigger 99" which is fine by me.

In the case of the CT port, all tracks except for FMV themes were sequenced by the another DSP. So, it sounded a bit different. However, regarding this FFT on PSP, I'm certain all music will be streamed.

Alcahest Dec 23, 2006

> However, regarding this FFT on PSP, I'm certain all music will be
> streamed.

What makes you think so?
As far as I remember, music was midi on the PSone version.
Later,

Alcahest

Cedille Dec 23, 2006

Alcahest wrote:

What makes you think so?

Unless PSP has the same sound chip as PSX and PS2 had, the best way to emulte music is to record the OST and stream it from the UMD disc, as in the cases of Valkyrie Profile and Tales of Eternia on PSP.

oddigy Dec 28, 2006

Alcahest wrote:

> However, regarding this FFT on PSP, I'm certain all music will be
> streamed.

What makes you think so?
Later,

Alcahest

It was sequenced, and the sample set for the entire game clocked in at a tiny 512KB! big_smile
There were some really incredible tricks done by the SPU on those samples to get different string sounds out of a few basic samples.

Pages: 1

Related Albums

Board footer

Forums powered by FluxBB