Please log in or register for the best forum experience.

Carl Jun 5, 2009

Felghana's outer box case is the most beautifully detailed and drop dead gorgeous game case I have ever seen and felt, (it's got raised textured stuff on it) that even if you don't play the game it'd be worth the 10 bucks to pick up just to have this object of art gracing your shelf.

seanne Jun 5, 2009

Wow, that's cheap! But is there even a way for foreigners to place an order through falcom's site?

Razakin Jun 6, 2009

Carl wrote:

Felghana's outer box case is the most beautifully detailed and drop dead gorgeous game case I have ever seen and felt, (it's got raised textured stuff on it) that even if you don't play the game it'd be worth the 10 bucks to pick up just to have this object of art gracing your shelf.

Also, now that there's apparently atleast partly translated patch for the game, you can even play the game. And understand things !

And yes, this whole deal is a steal which I hope to manage to get.

jb Jun 6, 2009

Damn that is a STEAL!  I paid 65$ for it at Otakon 2 years ago.

Carl Jun 6, 2009

and I think I paid Connary around $85 or so when the set was new and before Origins was released...

Adol Jun 6, 2009

And I paid even more, and that's what I call support the company: Of course I downloaded Felghana over the net and could have spent 0$. Of course I already had the soundtrack of Ys III, and could download torrents. And I did. But I paid big time so that Falcom could continue to produce games and great musics..

And I will again (just now, buying Ys I&II Chronicles PSP from them, releasing 16th July).

seanne Jun 6, 2009 (edited Jun 6, 2009)

Thanks, Crash. I'll give it a try then smile

edit: Hmm, why does it say "Media: 1 CD-ROM"? The game is on a DVD, right? Also the packaging is different than the version for sale here. There was a CD-ROM version and a DVD-ROM version?

the_miker Jun 6, 2009

seanne wrote:

Hmm, why does it say "Media: 1 CD-ROM"? The game is on a DVD, right? Also the packaging is different than the version for sale here. There was a CD-ROM version and a DVD-ROM version?

Looks like the DVD version is officially compatible with Windows Vista whereas the CD-ROM version is not.  Though it looks like you can "unofficially" play the CD version on Vista too, according to their Q&A section.

I placed an order.  I mean, less than 1,000 yen for eight CDs of awesome Ys III music, why the hell not?  Thanks Crash!

-Mike

Adol Jun 6, 2009

I ordered it too, I didnt have the CD-rom version, just DVD..What the hell for 1000 yens.

seanne Jun 6, 2009

Thanks Mike, I placed my order as well.

Ramza Jun 6, 2009

Pretty sure that's the best Falcom deal evar.

getting this now.

Carl Jun 7, 2009

I owned the 2 CD-ROM version, and there is a 1 DVD-ROM version too.

Razakin Jun 8, 2009

I wonder if people in Falcom are puzzled why all copies of Felghana are flying overseas soon.

the_miker Jun 8, 2009

Did Falcom get back to anyone else yet?  They want 3,600 yen for shipping???  Sounds kinda like a scam to me.

-Mike

Kim K Jun 8, 2009

the_miker wrote:

They want 3,600 yen for shipping???

4150 yen to Finland.

urfavritweapn Jun 8, 2009

Yeah that shipping price is totally ridiculous.  I ordered as well, waiting to hear back from them as to whether they offer a cheaper shipping option.  When it looks too good to be true.....

Adol Jun 8, 2009

Falcom sihpping is always expensive. they use EMS only. Last summer i paid 10600 yens of shipping for a 8000 yens Week sale.

urfavritweapn Jun 8, 2009 (edited Jun 8, 2009)

hmmm
I've ordered from Japan many times using EMS and the most I have ever paid for shipping is like 1600 yen.
I guess Falcom's packages must be missile-proof or something
I have to admit, im kinda reconsidering ordering now...... :-(
Don't get me wrong, it's still a pretty good deal, just not a deal that I can really afford right now!

Adol Jun 8, 2009

I know, it's exagerated, but I spoke many times with them over the years, they never agreed to send SAL.

the_miker Jun 8, 2009

My latest email to them:

"Hello,

Please cancel this order.  The shipping price is too high.

Thank you very much.

-Mike"

Yeah.  As they say.. if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.  Would have been a great deal though, had they charged a normal 1500-2000 EMS shipping charge.

Adol Jun 8, 2009

1500-2500 is for 250g max i think..

Angela Jun 8, 2009

*Adol gets hit with the high shipping bill*

Board footer

Forums powered by FluxBB