Please log in or register for the best forum experience.

Interview with Jonne Valtonen (Symphonic Shades Arranger) + Contest

As some of you might already know, the Symphonic Shades CD will be released this Wednesday. For those not in the know, it's actually a symphonic concert of the music of Chris Hülsbeck which occurred in Germany last August. The concert was produced by Thomas Böcker and the music was primarily arranged by Jonne Valtonen. For those who would like to learn more about Jonne Valtonen, check out an interview we did with him at VGM Rush. We discussed about the concert, his career as game and demoscene composer, and more.

http://www.vgmrush.com/feature.php?id=4

We also published a review of the Symphonic Shades CD. Chris, the reviewer, concluded that it is "the best orchestral game music album ever created", so it's definitely an album to look into!

Additionally, we're currently running a review contest of which the prize is a copy of the Symphonic Shades CD. If you're interested in participating, you can find the details here.

Last edited by Rimo (Dec 15, 2008)

Re: Interview with Jonne Valtonen (Symphonic Shades Arranger) + Contest

Jonne Valtonen is a really cool guy. It's so rare to see a game composer that has both extensive composition / orchestration training and versatility in other styles. I really love his ambitious projects and broad appreciation of music. That really comes across in his productions at Merregnon Studios but I should check .

I mean all the superlatives in that review. The album is stunning and should delight people even way beyond Chris Huelsbeck's fanbase.