OK, it's that time of year again: time for the annual STC gift exchange. Those of you who have participated in the past know the drill, but if you haven't been involved in he past, here are the details. This is copied from last year's gift exchange thread.
1. If you want to participate in the exchange, just reply to this thread. Include your user name and e-mail address in the reply, or say that you want to be contacted through the forum e-mail. If you want to go through forum e-mail, make sure that your profile is set up so that you can receive e-mails through the forum.
2. The gift exchange is open to regular members, from the past or the present, in any country. If you have some history on the site from a while ago and left, but have since come back, that's fine, but if you just joined the site for the first time two days ago, you will not be eligible for the exchange. If you are a regular member, but have not participated in the gift exchange in the past, you're welcome to do so. The more people participate, the better it gets.
3. The sign-up will be open through 11:59 p.m. EST on November 30, 2011.
4. Here's how the exchange works: The people who sign up will be put in a random order. Each person will get a gift for the person listed below them on the list, and get a gift from the person listed above them on the list. The person at the end of the list will give a gift to the first person on the list.
5. You should communicate with both the person getting your gift and the person you are giving to as soon as you are matched up. Ideally, the gift should be something VGM related. A typical gift is a single legitimate VGM album, which may be new or used (in good condition). Bootlegs and CD-Rs are not cool. Usually, it's best to ask the gift recipient what he or she is looking for, and see if you can give something from that list.
6. Ultimately, the gift that you give is up to you. If you want to give more than one CD, or you want to give a rare OOP CD, that's perfectly fine. On the other hand, you should not expect the person who is getting you a gift to give you his cherished sealed copy of Super Mario RPG or SaGa Premium Box.
7. Try to send out the gift so that it arrives before Christmas, unless you have made other arrangements with the gift recipient. For example, the recipient may be out of town the week before Christmas, and may want his or her gift after Christmas.
If there are any questions, post them here in the thread. Happy holidays!
And I am submitting my entry here:
Use forum e-mail