Please log in or register for the best forum experience.

Re: It's coming... Diablo 3

I have no problems with it either.  Blizzard stated very very early on it would be online only.  I'm not sure why people think they're entitled to offline modes or they're required in games.  It's not broken because it doesn't include one and it doesn't make the game any worse off for it.  Blizzard has every right to make the game online only, and as noted by sales records, 6 million people clearly don't have that much of an issue with it.  Drop the self-entitled consumer act, if you don't like it, don't buy it.  ;/

jb wrote:

I have no problems with it either.  Blizzard stated very very early on it would be online only.  I'm not sure why people think they're entitled to offline modes or they're required in games.  It's not broken because it doesn't include one and it doesn't make the game any worse off for it.  Blizzard has every right to make the game online only, and as noted by sales records, 6 million people clearly don't have that much of an issue with it.  Drop the self-entitled consumer act, if you don't like it, don't buy it.  ;/

That's all well and good, but don't you think people are entitled to complain when the game doesn't work properly, BECAUSE of this unnecessary online BS?

Amazingu wrote:

That's all well and good, but don't you think people are entitled to complain when the game doesn't work properly, BECAUSE of this unnecessary online BS?

Haven't heard single case of game not working properly. Server side issues are different story, even mmo servers have been down on launch. And time to time for mandatory hotfixes/updates.

Amazingu wrote:
jb wrote:

The game works properly.  Not including an offline mode does not indicate the game is broken.

jb wrote:

I admit, I did not follow the news and did not know it was online only. Also, you are correct that Blizzard can do whatever they want. They have the right to make the game online only. They have the right to make the game 100% shades of pink, yes they can do what they want. However, that does not mean that 1)their choices have merit and it certainly does not mean 2)that people do not have the right to complain about them. I really fail to see how people complaining about the online only is "self-entitled consumer act"? Blizzard/Activision has given a number of reasons why they made the game online only, but if you think it has ANYTHING to do other than $$, well, I have a really nice bridge to sell you...
Yes, the online only bit has nothing to do with Blizzard wanting to keep everything "fair", nor any other such excuse. They think this will help battle piracy. I think in the long run this will back-fire on them. It really would have been very easy for Blizzard to implement an offline mode, because frankly there are people who simply do not like online games. (By the way, it's the same thing for those who played Demon's Souls. The game had a continual online mode, but it was easily disabled for 100% offline fun. Blizzard could easily have done the same thing here). That's my take on it. I really think had Blizzard provided for their offline fans, they would have sold a few million more copies on launch.

I really think had Blizzard provided for their offline fans, they would have sold a few million more copies on launch.

But then, it's already fastest selling PC game so I think they're fine tongue

But I also do think that in the future Diablo III might get offline update, but first I rather have the expansion pack, even if that will take years probably.

jb wrote:
Amazingu wrote:

The game works properly.  Not including an offline mode does not indicate the game is broken.

Sorry, my choice of words was incorrect.

I should have said "don't you think people are entitled to complain when the game they bought can't be plaid properly?"

Well, this is a surprise.

http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-III-Playst … 00BGA9V2Q/

I wonder if it will have offline play for the PS3? and... PS4??

PS3 version has gotten very favorable reviews! Far more than the PC version received. I will get it, although no time to play right now! Has anyone played this?

I didn't realize this was coming out until I saw it at GameStop over the weekend.  I picked it up, and my girlfriend and I have been playing it the last couple days.  I know it's good when we've been postponing sleep to play it; this hasn't happened since Skyrim.

I never played the first two Diablo games, and when I started playing this one, my initial reaction was, "It's like someone took Record of Lodoss War from the Dreamcast and super-sized it."  Given how much I loved playing RoLW, I think this is going to be in the rotation for quite some time.

Well, a month ago or so, I caved in and purchased Diablo 3 for my PS3 (I figured that was appropriate)! According to all the reviews, it's certainly a lot better than the PC version (which I never played). No internet required, so it's a genuine game (as opposed to a renter = internet always required), and being a Diablo 2 fan I was excited. I finally beat it (I don't have that much time to play games, but Diablo 3 is not exactly complicated and not so long).

My overall reaction to the game: it was fun, but could have been epic.

Also, I think the ending is best summarized by this:

http://kotaku.com/5928401/i-finally-bea … -a-letdown

I'm actually thinking of nabbing this myself... but I can wait until price comes down a bit. Still, I played the ever livin' hell out of Diablo II (it's the only online game I've ever really played) and so it holds a rather large place in my heart, so D3 has a lot - perhaps too much to live up to. However my brother-in-law might kill me if I buy it... he was pretty disgusted with the PC version.

However, considering that the physical copy of DuckTales came out last Tuesday I should probably get around to playing that first - not that it will take me long.

I really enjoyed the PS3 demo of Diablo 3, so I fully intend to buy the PS4 version when that comes out. Never thought I'd like it, but that demo was super addicting.