Soundtrack Central The best of VGM and other great soundtracks

Please sign up or log in for the best forum experience!

Ashley Winchester Oct 7, 2016 (edited Oct 10, 2016 by Adam Corn)

First I have to say that both presidential candidates suck. Like my mother said, we have how many people in this country and these are the only two we can offer up?

I do feel that Donald Trump is a loose cannon. No, not to the point where I'm worried about him having his finger on the nukes like Hillary's one commercial suggests, but at the very least the guy can be entertaining when he does something stupid. However, that's not really a necessary prerequisite for president.

And Hillary. I'm sorry. I'm all for a female present; I just don't want it to be you. I don't trust you and I never will and can you PLEASE stop plastering your damn advertisements all over YouTube? I am SERIOUSLY debating whether or not to download AdBlock and use it until the election is over. For most intensive purposes ads on YouTube don't bother me, but your ads are driving me insane!

No, I don't believe you care about children. I think you think that if you say that it will score you points with people. But for someone that doesn't particularly like children this "decree" of yours is insanely hollow. Even if I did like children I'd hope I'd see through you and see you for the soulless entity that you are. Additionally, like what one columnist said in my local paper, is there anything beyond your "children, children, children" mantra that's actually tangible beyond flinging around an empty platitude like "children are are future?"

Anyway, I just want this damn election to be over. I've had enough already. No, Hillary, I don't care about the beauty pageant Trump insulted and called fat and I don't care what her name was.

Kirin Lemon Oct 7, 2016 (edited Oct 7, 2016)

Sigh.  Somebody please tear Ashley a new one so I don't have to.

Or better still, there's the lock suggestion, I suppose.

Ashley Winchester Oct 7, 2016 (edited Oct 7, 2016)

Kirin Lemon wrote:

Sigh.  Somebody please tear Ashley a new one so I don't have to.

Is it because I said I hate children? Sorry, but I do.

Edit:

If that makes me a bad person, fine. I'm a bad person.

Ashley Winchester Oct 7, 2016

Kirin Lemon wrote:

Or better still, there's the lock suggestion, I suppose.

Don't do this. You remember all those months ago when jb said my friend wasn't my friend? Well, he was right. He's not a friend. I have no friends, all my "friends" SUCK, so if you want to pile on, go right on ****ing ahead, I don't really care at this point.

Quite honestly I don't know what I said up above that would lead to anyone to "eviscerate" me, but this being the internet I shouldn't be surprised if people have ammo, so shoot the **** away.

Yes, I don't like ****ing kids, sue me.

Idolores Oct 8, 2016

I just want Trump to win so I don't need to watch the Comedy Network anymore. This guy is comic gold.

Jodo Kast Oct 8, 2016

I watched part of the debate between Trump and Clinton and it showed that humans remain the same at all levels and positions in society. It was like watching two long-time co-workers argue about something or two kids taunting each other. Being a president of a country is apparently a job like any other.

avatar! Oct 8, 2016

I think it's ridiculous to "lock" delete or censor a thread because you don't agree with someone's opinions. The only time I would advocate for anything along those lines is when someone posts something racist or equally inappropriate, which Ashley has not done. If you don't like this thread, or any thread, just ignore it. Censoring something because you don't personally like it is akin to fascism.

Zorbfish Oct 8, 2016

avatar! wrote:

I think it's ridiculous to "lock" delete or censor a thread because you don't agree with someone's opinions. The only time I would advocate for anything along those lines is when someone posts something racist or equally inappropriate, which Ashley has not done. If you don't like this thread, or any thread, just ignore it. Censoring something because you don't personally like it is akin to fascism.

Yes, but how is anything in the original post constructive? It's simply a rant and while it may not be trolling it incites the same end. Stick to social media.

Where are all the music related posts lately?

The_Paladin Oct 8, 2016

I'll just quote Ash from a year ago, "To be honest, I probably should pay more attention to politics since I'm an adult so I can be a "informed voter" but the discussion that tends to arise from that discourse is pretty damn putrid. I'm probably better off talking about retro games and stuff..."

avatar! Oct 8, 2016

Zorbfish wrote:
avatar! wrote:

I think it's ridiculous to "lock" delete or censor a thread because you don't agree with someone's opinions. The only time I would advocate for anything along those lines is when someone posts something racist or equally inappropriate, which Ashley has not done. If you don't like this thread, or any thread, just ignore it. Censoring something because you don't personally like it is akin to fascism.

Yes, but how is anything in the original post constructive? It's simply a rant and while it may not be trolling it incites the same end. Stick to social media.

Where are all the music related posts lately?

Again, you can just ignore this thread, or you can respond to Ashley constructively if you want. Seems to me this wasn't just a rant but he wanted to hear people's sides on things.

raynebc Oct 8, 2016

I think people should be judged more for their actions than their words.  To that end, Hillary has plenty to answer for.

Amazingu Oct 8, 2016

Ashley Winchester wrote:

For most intensive purposes

I thought this was the most offensive part of the entire rant actually

GoldfishX Oct 9, 2016

Ashley Winchester wrote:

First I have to say that both presidential candidates suck. Like my mother said, we have how many people in this country and these are the only two we can offer up?

For the people saying this thread needs to be locked...

Can you honestly say you DISAGREE with this sentiment? Because this is what I hear and agree with from everyone. Because no one likes either of these candidates.

https://www.amazon.com/Were-Screwed-201 … B01EK10I0G

Razakin Oct 10, 2016

GoldfishX wrote:

For the people saying this thread needs to be locked...

Can you honestly say you DISAGREE with this sentiment? Because this is what I hear and agree with from everyone. Because no one likes either of these candidates.

I still haven't heard good reasons why Hillary sucks, outside of her being A) A woman B) a Clinton C) a politician. Or people crying Benghazi or emails.

Jay Oct 10, 2016

No idea why you address Hillary herself in this post. I imagine the chances of her popping round here on a regular basis are quite slim. But when you have someone as utterly reprehensible as Trump running for president and a thread like this actually addresses Hillary, it pretty much sums up the problem, of which you are a willing participant in. Of course, you wouldn't see it as a problem and, in fact, I'm not sure you should. You guys need to vote for someone who represents you and your country and, if that's Trump, then that's what you should do. If Trump with his xenophobia, racism, sexism, lack of business morals, loud mouth calls for petty violence, playground insults and ongoing ignorance represent you and your country - actually, going further and represent what you feel makes your country great, as he'd like to make it - then that's your president.

The fact that he has come this far appealing to the lowest common denominator is a damning indictment on your country as a whole and the damage regardless of who wins is going to be felt for a long time.

For those of you who strive for better than that, and I personally know there are a LOT of you in the US, I really feel for you at this time. I'm hoping for better for all of you. You deserve better. You do have a great country. Yes, it has problems - every country does, mine included. But you have earned much better than having Trump be the one to represent you across all media and especially in the White House.

Good luck. You're going to need it.

Adam Corn Oct 10, 2016 (edited Oct 10, 2016)

It's sad that being "entertaining when he does something stupid" is largely the reason Donald Trump has gotten to the brink of the Presidency of the United States of America. Because there are enough stupid people in this country that enjoy being entertained or pandered to by another stupid person.

As far as administrative action goes, I refuse to have one-sided page titles like "Go Away Hillary" in regard to something as important as this election beaming out from this site without at least some well informed and thought out opinions regarding the candidates, neither of which apply to the title post here. So at the very least I'll be renaming the title. (Edit: Which I just did.)

If anyone wants to create an election thread with a focus on the facts on both sides and a regard for the importance of the matter feel free, but I recommend saving it for more appropriate venues.

Ashley Winchester Oct 10, 2016

Amazingu wrote:
Ashley Winchester wrote:

For most intensive purposes

I thought this was the most offensive part of the entire rant actually

I eat babies. They're tasty!

Is that more offensive? I win! I win!

What's my prize? Being labeled an ***hole? Yay!

avatar! Oct 10, 2016

Adam Corn wrote:

It's sad that being "entertaining when he does something stupid" is largely the reason Donald Trump has gotten to the brink of the Presidency of the United States of America. Because there are enough stupid people in this country that enjoy being entertained or pandered to by another stupid person.

I can't stand Trump and no way I'll be voting for him. That said, I'm not convinced that the reason he has gotten as far as he has is because "he's entertaining". That may be part of his "appeal", but that is oversimplifying things. Example:

"Analysis: Trump's Supporters - It's all about the heart, not the head"

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/opinion/ … t-not-head

Frankly, I think many people are upset with both the Democrats (I see that from my very liberal friends) and from Republicans (I especially hear this from my conservative friends). At the end of the day, I won't deny that given the two candidates, I feel much better with Hilary at the helm.

GoldfishX Oct 11, 2016

For anyone wondering why Trump got as far as he did (especially for those outside the US), there is a growing anti-politician sentiment in the US or at least a backlash against those in the political establishment. Hillary, to me, represents that establishment...sleazy politicians that talk, can be bought, will say anything while toeing the standard partisan talking points for their respective parties while pissing on the other side, flip flop more on issues than I do on what my favorite Megaman soundtrack is and at the end of the day, get nothing done. Hillary just adds an even more irritating sense of entitlement (namely, "it's MY turn to be president now"). Credit where it's due, I don't support Bernie Sanders' viewpoints entirely, but I genuinely believed that he believed everything he proposed or fought for. Hillary...no, not one bit. Also see: Jeb Bush and Scott Walker on the Republican side, who managed to completely repulse much of their entire right wing fanbase by trying to do the same dry politician act (the same one Hillary is winning with) and were happily obliterated in the primaries.

Here's the one reason Trump is doing well...He is telling his fanbase that change is needed and it's coming from someone that doesn't spew political speak. Is he telling us what we want to hear? Yes, primarily in terms of the economy and job creation. When Hillary talks about the economy, it is soft and ignores all of the glaring holes of the current administration (not the least of which is a Federal Reserve that single-handedly averted a financial disaster over the last 7 years or so by keeping interest rates low and pumped an excessive amount of US dollars into the system...they averted a disaster, yet did little to stimulate growth or hiring). Now can Trump deliver? ...Probably not, but I'd sooner have a President that admits there is a problem than one that dances around a glaring hole in the current situation. It would be nice to close the trade deficit and bring jobs back to the US.

So anyway, that is why I side with the lesser of two evils. Trump is still better than a member of the political establishment from EITHER party and for what it's worth, he is a successful business person.

avatar! Oct 11, 2016

GoldfishX wrote:

...It would be nice to close the trade deficit and bring jobs back to the US.

So anyway, that is why I side with the lesser of two evils. Trump is still better than a member of the political establishment from EITHER party and for what it's worth, he is a successful business person.

First off, all evidence points that Trump is NOT a successful businessman. Oh, he's done well himself, but so many of his business are failures -here, read: "Donald Trump's Many Business Failures, Explained"

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/08/12/dona … 86091.html

Secondly, what do you mean "bring jobs back to the US"? Seriously, that's so easy to say, what do you mean? What jobs? and don't just use a catch-phrase like "manufacturing". You think someone that has failed at numerous businesses could lead the USA? By the way, here is what China thinks:

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-some … mp-2016-10

"Many of these supporters are wooed by Trump's isolationist mindset, which they believe would give China the opportunity to rise to the top of the world order or develop a more even relationship with the US, Lin said. "

Basically, the Chinese know he's inept. He won't bring "jobs" back to the USA. For the record, many of the jobs you are talking about are gone all but permanently. It will be years before they come back, and when they do, many of them will be performed by robots -so in essence they are gone for good.

Jay Oct 11, 2016

Yeah, I can believe Trump tells people what they want to hear. That's the problem, really. He validates the absolute worst in people and makes them feel okay or right about their lowest instincts. Seriously, if the things he says are what people actually WANT to hear, that's a huge society problem right there. He was entertaining for a short while, like a loud mouth in the pub who had a few two many. But when it was clear he had some support, he has made everyone look like they're gleefully wallowing in ignorance.

Latest Updates

Board footer

Forums powered by FluxBB