Soundtrack Central The best of VGM and other great soundtracks

Please sign up or log in for the best forum experience!

    Pages: 1

Mario Aug 29, 2007

I've owned the soundtrack to the first Silent Hill game for several years, and I've always thought it was a complete soundtrack. But recently I played through the game again and noticed that they left out one of the best songs in the game: the song that plays when Lisa dies. Does anyone know where I could get this song? Any help would be appreciated.

Kirin Lemon Aug 29, 2007

Sadly, the soundtrack version is missing the main melody.  My favorite track in the entire game, too!  Arrgh.

Mario Aug 29, 2007

Lol. When Zane said the song was on there, my first thought was, "Woah... is my copy of the soundtrack messed up or something? Mine only plays the guitar part and then fades out! Oh no!"

avatar! Aug 30, 2007 (edited Aug 30, 2007)

Zane wrote:

It's on there. It's called "Not Tomorrow 1".

Here's the vid with the music playing: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rh-A5mt5d3s

Edit: Geez, that is a really sad FMV. Dammit. hmm

Yeah, that entire part in the game where Lisa dies is quite depressing. Supposedly SHO will shed some light on Lisa. Of course, I'm still confused... if Lisa is a monster just like any of the other nurses, why does she not act so? Furthermore, why does Harry leave her to "her fate", and not open the door? And when you do open the door, she's gone... but to where?

Megavolt Aug 30, 2007

avatar! wrote:

Of course, I'm still confused... if Lisa is a monster just like any of the other nurses, why does she not act so?

I think it's because she was nice to Alessa as her caretaker, and so Alessa, possibly feeling guilty over her death, revived Lisa in the dark world of Silent Hill as she was.  That's my take on it, at least.  The real Lisa was already dead.  That's why she only existed in the dark version of Silent Hill, where Alessa's power was strongest.  Alessa having been restrained by Dahlia as well as Lisa's own realization were probably what broke the illusion.

As for Harry not opening the door, he felt sad, but I don't think I'd open the door for a bloody monster either.  There was nothing he could do for her.  That's part of what made it so tragic.

avatar! Aug 30, 2007

Megavolt wrote:
avatar! wrote:

Of course, I'm still confused... if Lisa is a monster just like any of the other nurses, why does she not act so?

I think it's because she was nice to Alessa as her caretaker, and so Alessa, possibly feeling guilty over her death, revived Lisa in the dark world of Silent Hill as she was.  That's my take on it, at least.  The real Lisa was already dead.  That's why she only existed in the dark version of Silent Hill, where Alessa's power was strongest.  Alessa having been restrained by Dahlia as well as Lisa's own realization were probably what broke the illusion.

As for Harry not opening the door, he felt sad, but I don't think I'd open the door for a bloody monster either.  There was nothing he could do for her.  That's part of what made it so tragic.

That's a good take! However, I'm still not sure how the "monster" part fits. If Lisa was a "monster" all along, why did she not act like one? And exactly how does her realization completely change things... other than she started bleeding all over the place? Lastly, what happens to her?

Also, while on the subject of SH monsters. What exactly are the other nurses? Are they also "lost souls"? If so, what happnes to them when they "die"? Why do they attack while Lisa does not? So many questions...

cheers,

-avatar!

XISMZERO Aug 30, 2007 (edited Aug 30, 2007)

Agreed on that FMV. It has to be the most moving scene in the entire game. The song was unforgettable so I was disappointed to see they gimped it on the soundtrack down to under a minute. Luckilly, there's a rip out there where the recorder made it around five minutes.

A few years back, I was very immersed with the series, spending hours reading plot analyses for Silent Hill games (almost as much as reading Evangelion and Killer 7 plot guides). Seek them out, I know there's a few outstanding takes on the series out there. On the note of helplessness, it's a recurring factor in the early series that really hits repeatedly and rock bottom by the second iteration of the series.

Namakemono Aug 30, 2007

avatar! wrote:

And when you do open the door, she's gone... but to where?

Didn't you watch the "good" endings?

Zane Aug 30, 2007

Kirin Lemon wrote:

Sadly, the soundtrack version is missing the main melody.  My favorite track in the entire game, too!  Arrgh.

Crap. I just heard the opening lick and posted here. I didn't do my research.

Megavolt Aug 30, 2007

avatar! wrote:

If Lisa was a "monster" all along, why did she not act like one?

Because she wasn't really a monster in the same sense.  She had the same mind and memory as the real Lisa.  Have you ever seen the Justice League episode(s), "Legends"?  Think of Lisa as being like the revived Justice Guild members.

avatar! wrote:

And exactly how does her realization completely change things... other than she started bleeding all over the place?

The realization bit may or may not have been the cause (if it was, then it was the straw that broke the camel's back), but Alessa having been restrained (which happens after the amusement park scenario and just before the final hospital/nowhere scenario, if I remember correctly) probably was.  Alessa's will was what sustained Lisa.

avatar! wrote:

Lastly, what happens to her?

She disappears along with the rest of Silent Hill.  Silent Hill, as it existed in the nightmarish game world, was an illusion created by Alessa to keep Dahlia from finding her.  Lisa does however appear again temporarily in the good endings to pull Kaufmann to his doom.

avatar! wrote:

Also, while on the subject of SH monsters. What exactly are the other nurses? Are they also "lost souls"? If so, what happnes to them when they "die"? Why do they attack while Lisa does not? So many questions...

Lisa was a special case.  She was the sole nurse maid who attended to Alessa's charred body.  Alessa cared for her and brought her back.  The others were surely revived as monsters with no other purpose but to stop intruders.  Lisa had a mind of her own.  She just didn't know that she was already dead.

Mario Aug 30, 2007

XISMZERO, you say this song's available for download, but you don't say where. I've looked for it, but I haven't been able to find it. Could you please tell me where to look?

avatar! Aug 30, 2007

Hey Megavolt, I appreciate your input! More questions for you... if Silent Hill is an illusionary world (which certainly is believable), how is it that at one point in the game, Harry notes that the Otheworld is turning into reality? Also, what happens when one "dies" in the illusionary world? It seems to me that the Otherworld is not really so much an illusion, but rather a manifistation. However, I'd like to hear other people's viewpoints and arguments.

I did indeed get the good ending, and I remember Lisa dragging Kaufmann, which also brings up the questions, to where is she dragging him? What happens to the otherworld, Lisa, Alessa, etc after Harry and Cybil escape?

The Otherworld is being held together by Alessa, apparently. If so, what about in SH2 with James? Similarily, what about SH3?

By the way, I did see the Legends episode of JL, it was superb (what an ending smile

cheers,

-avatar!

Megavolt Aug 30, 2007

avatar! wrote:

Hey Megavolt, I appreciate your input!

No prob. ^_^

avatar! wrote:

More questions for you... if Silent Hill is an illusionary world (which certainly is believable), how is it that at one point in the game, Harry notes that the Otheworld is turning into reality? Also, what happens when one "dies" in the illusionary world? It seems to me that the Otherworld is not really so much an illusion, but rather a manifistation. However, I'd like to hear other people's viewpoints and arguments.

I say illusion because it isn't permanent, but as it comes from the evil power of Samael within Alessa (which I probably should've mentioned earlier; the half-complete attempt at bringing Samael into the human world was what gave Alessa her powers), it could also be called a manifestation in terms of its affect on reality.  Dying in that world means dying in the real world, as evidenced by the worst ending.  I believe that Harry notes the change because the otherworld appears more and more frequently the further you get into the game, no doubt because of Samael's increasing influence.  Defeating him at the end puts a stop to the otherworld.

I did indeed get the good ending, and I remember Lisa dragging Kaufmann, which also brings up the questions, to where is she dragging him?

Down into hell, heh heh.  That's what he deserved, anyways.

What happens to the otherworld, Lisa, Alessa, etc after Harry and Cybil escape?

Gone.

If so, what about in SH2 with James?

That one isn't too related to SH1 though I think the bonus ending with the dog (which I haven't seen) mentions Samael or something.

Similarily, what about SH3?

Dunno.  I never got to far into it.  I'd like to buy it at some point and finish it.

avatar! wrote:

By the way, I did see the Legends episode of JL, it was superb (what an ending smile!

It's definitely one of the most touchingly heroic endings ever.

Megavolt Aug 31, 2007

avatar! wrote:

Oh, and how do you explain this?  big_smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_H-4ILXPLI
you know you love that ending melody...

Ha ha, that was an interesting end.  Less twisted than the UFO ending of SH1 but a lot more...cute?  Those Konami guys are crazy.

Now that I think about it (and since I was way off on the Dog thing tongue), I believe the mark of Samael could be seen somewhere in SH2.  Possibly in the room where you fight the two Pyramid Heads or something.

Kirin Lemon Aug 31, 2007

Megavolt wrote:

Now that I think about it (and since I was way off on the Dog thing tongue), I believe the mark of Samael could be seen somewhere in SH2.  Possibly in the room where you fight the two Pyramid Heads or something.

Yep, it was on the floor during that battle!

XISMZERO Aug 31, 2007

Mario, try the VGMCentral hub via DC++. A lot of rips and such are archived by users there. If you can't find it there, give me your email and I'll send it right over.

Related Albums

Board footer

Forums powered by FluxBB