Capcom: Stop making these "Image" things and start releasing good Rockman arranged albums. You did it before and it came out great. Now do it again!
Yeahhh, we're gonna have to agree to disagree on that one. Get Through the Dark is pretty much the only one I like from that album.
As far as this new album, there's some definite highs and lows. I was disappointed by the arrangements for Sheepman and Strikeman because they didn't seem to fit (I was hoping for something light and delicate for the former - like Splash Blue from the RM9 Arrange, maybe - and rock organ instead of sax for the latter - it bugs me when they try to force sax and jazz where it doesn't belong; see also, or even especially the Wily Machine arrangement), but I think Pumpman and Chillman both turned out much better than the originals. I'm also amused by how much the Commandoman mix reminds me of Metal Slug X.
I'd say the five best tracks are:
5. Nemesisphere - Two good pieces, both arranged well (Close to the End would've got this slot if the Wily Machine part didn't suck).
4. Abandoned Memory - The trippy Silent Rain part is a great start, and the main piece is rock-solid MM tunage (though the way it fades as it continues to add to the arrangement reminds me of the frustation I had when the Zero Remasters would do so ALL THE TIME....I'm guessing Masaki Suzuki did this one, based on that)
3. Boss - Wow, this one got a serious lift. It's completely awesome now.
2. For You - Holy crap, I wasn't expecting much out of this going in, but it's outstanding.
1. Against the Pressure - As of right now, the best piece of VGM so far this year. It's perfect.