A perfect soundtrack to the nature-set adventure of a sword wielding mouse, with folk-tinged violin, flute, and oboe solos accompanied by acoustic guitar and understated orchestration. It's a mostly quaint and peaceful affair with just a touch of melancholy, along with a couple of eccentric action cues at just at the right moment to liven things up. A full orchestra would have made the thematically rich score even more beautiful, but the combination of live solo instruments with sampled orchestra still makes for one of the most memorable soundtracks of the year.
"A folk-tinged, thematically rich instrumental score perfect for the adventure of a sword-wielding mouse."
- Jason Graves (composition, performance)
- Alan Atkinson (vocals)
- Jeff Ball (violin)
- Kristin Naigus (flute, oboe, English horn)
- Malukah (vocals 1 track)
- Dear Reader [5:51]
- Twofold [1:50]
- The Clearing [6:00]
- Thickets and Bloom [5:41]
- Legends Old and New [5:54]
- Last Respite [5:39]
- Cinder Skies [5:22]
- A Different Story [5:13]
- Sarffog's Domain [6:56]
- I'm Not Alone [3:38]
- Home To Me (feat. Malukah) [5:30]
- Released Aug 3, 2018 by Materia Collective (catalog no. MCOL-0117, retail 8.99 USD).
- Detailed release notes and credits at VGMdb.