Under the wire, hopefully.
1. Xenoblade Original Soundtrack - I haven't played the game it belongs to yet, but the quality of this soundtrack won't be denied. It has beautiful field and town themes and utterly asskicking battle themes, all without giving up its identity as a GAME soundtrack. Great, great stuff. Now give us the dang game, Nintendo. Favorite tracks: Unfinished Battle, Colony 9, Those Who Bear Their Name
2. R10 Image Soundtrack - More straightforward in presentation than the Rockman 9 Arrange album, and a good job throughout. I chose to spotlight the remix album because many of MM10's weaker OST tracks are vastly improved here. Favorite tracks: Nitro Rider, For You, Against the Pressure
3. Sonic Colors Original Soundtrack ~Vivid Sound x Hybrid Colors~ - Wave Master is still one of my favorite sound teams of all time, and here's a good sampling of why. In particular Ohtani and Nanba seem to have the style and energy the series needs down pat. It's not quite all good news though: Tokoi's Planet Wisp tracks are all duds. Favorite tracks: Tropical Resort Act 1, Vs Rotatatron & Refreshinator, Area - Sweet Mountain
4. No More Heroes 2 Desperate Struggle Original Sound Tracks - It's missing Takada's guiding hand, but there's still some damned good material here. A pity the OST only has the inferior autotuned version of Philistine, though. Favorite tracks: Sound's Asylum, Money Shot, Shoegazer Watched the Stars
5. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game Original Videogame Soundtrack - It doesn't work 100% (the tribute to Rockman, Technoman, is a miss), but the 8-bit love letter has lots of genuinely good pieces, with or without the trendy retro motif. Favorite tracks: Suburban Tram, Cheap Shop, Subboss Theme
6. Shantae: Risky's Revenge OST - A little nostalgia mixed with a thumping good Arabian rhythm. She's Got Moves especially has the best beat of any track I heard all year. Favorite tracks: She's Got Moves, Burning Town, Sand in My Potion
7. NieR Gestalt & Replicant Original Soundtrack - Late coming to this one, but there's some beautiful material here, and the idea of using evolved language for the lyrics is novel. Favorite tracks: The Wretched Automatons, Song of the Ancients ~ Devola, Gods Bound by Rules
8. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker OST - Any concerns I had about post-Hibino MGS music were clearly unfounded. I would be OK with the business part of the the Main Theme becoming the next official MGS music. Favorite tracks: Main Theme, Heavy Arms, Highland
9. Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero: Mythos - Solid arrangements, but considering these have all been remixed before, more creativity (like in the Neo Arcadia mix, which blends all three versions in the series together) would have made it so much better. Also...Resistance? Really? Who even likes that piece? Favorite tracks: Sand Triangle, Neo Arcadia, Cannon Ball
10. Donkey Kong Country 2: Serious Monkey Business - This one is a little uneven (why do they insist on doing some vocal arrangements in these projects?), but the good parts are really quite good. (I've actually been listening more to Project Chaos, which I only discovered last month, but that's from back in 2006. C'est la vie) I hope the Maverick Rising gets as much love as this one did. Favorite tracks: This Chase is Haunted, Rhumba Rumble, Dance of the Zinger
Best soundtrack ineligible for listing: Puzzle Agent: Nelson Tethers, a nice mix of Perry Mason-style suspense and coffee-house cool, but there's no album or even a full gamerip. Alas.