Please sign up or log in for the best forum experience!

    Pages: 1

Arcubalis Nov 17, 2008

I know a lot of people aren't too fond of Sakimoto, but I think most agree that his work on Valkyria Chronicles is some of his best in recent years.  Basiscape was kind enough to arrange some commentary from Sakimoto, similar to liner notes, for some of his favorite tracks and some of my favorite tracks from the score:

http://www.originalsoundversion.com/?p=1122

Wanted to take a different approach from the standard interview.  Do you guys think it works?  Should I try to do more articles like this in the future?

Cedille Nov 17, 2008

Arcubalis wrote:

Do you guys think it works?  Should I try to do more articles like this in the future?

Definitely. Not every composer focuses on individual tracks (aka track-by-track comments), probably except for Yasunori Mitsuda or Shouji Meguro on their solo works.

Zane Nov 17, 2008

Cedille wrote:
Arcubalis wrote:

Do you guys think it works?  Should I try to do more articles like this in the future?

Definitely. Not every composer focuses on individual tracks (aka track-by-track comments), probably except for Yasunori Mitsuda or Shouji Meguro on their solo works.

Yeah, absolutely. I love reading stuff like this. I would love to get a translation of Killer7 OST's liner notes - Takada goes in-depth on a good number of tunes.

the_miker Nov 17, 2008

Good stuff dude.  I'd definitely like to see more articles like this.  It's cool to not only get a review but actual individual track comments in English from the composer himself.  I'm listening to each track while reading his comments right now and that's awesome!

Also.. the game and soundtrack are both amazing!  GET BOTH ASAP!

-Mike

Arcubalis Nov 17, 2008

Zane wrote:
Cedille wrote:
Arcubalis wrote:

Do you guys think it works?  Should I try to do more articles like this in the future?

Definitely. Not every composer focuses on individual tracks (aka track-by-track comments), probably except for Yasunori Mitsuda or Shouji Meguro on their solo works.

Yeah, absolutely. I love reading stuff like this. I would love to get a translation of Killer7 OST's liner notes - Takada goes in-depth on a good number of tunes.

Let's do it.  big_smile

Anyway, glad you guys like the approach.  I actually found myself skipping to the gray boxes just to read Sakimoto's comments, skipping my stuff (is it the same for you guys?).  I think that with all the sites out there, interviews with the composers are becoming more and more common, so this is a fun format that keeps things game-specific.

Related Albums

Board footer

Forums powered by FluxBB