Please sign up or log in for the best forum experience!

    Pages: 1

Rrolack Jan 14, 2018

There are certain VGM albums that I've had a great deal of trouble selling.  Much more than I ever would have thought.

As an example, I have a copy of "FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Opening Theme - Yae : Sound of the Wind":

http://vgmdb.net/album/1882

which I've had on eBay for more than a year now.  For the last few months, the asking price was only $4, but still no takers.  As a result, I've had to drop the price to $3:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192404715884

I realize this probably isn't a rare album, but for $3, I would expect at least one taker smile


Does anyone else have VGM albums that you just can't move for the life of you?

FuryofFrog Jan 14, 2018

WHAT!!! I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT ONE FOR SO LONG! WTH!!!!


I have never sold any of my VGM.

Rrolack Jan 14, 2018

FuryofFrog wrote:

WHAT!!! I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT ONE FOR SO LONG! WTH!!!!


I have never sold any of my VGM.

I thought this post was a joke, but the $3 album is now indeed sold!

layzee Jan 15, 2018

My oldest albums worth mentioning that refuse to be sold are (from ancient to old):

Romancing Saga Original Sound Version (original print book-style case). y u no sell, Kenji Ito. Though to be fair, I've sold multiple copies of this. Just this last copy doesn't want to go.

More SQ. There's Asian women on the front and back covers of this Square Enix album so I assume that the reason it doesn't sell is because Final Fantasy fans are racist. Or sexist. Or [insert -ist] here.

Lost Child Side-X. It's a niche album from a niche composer and a niche (arguably) music genre. I accept.

Gensou Suikoden: Tierkreis - Special Drama CD. A non-music album of a not entirely positively received Suikoden game. The disc is filled with Chinese people talking or something.

Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time - Arrange Album. Four words: So Alone, Be Sorrow.

Rrolack Jan 15, 2018

layzee wrote:

More SQ. There's Asian women on the front and back covers of this Square Enix album so I assume that the reason it doesn't sell is because Final Fantasy fans are racist. Or sexist. Or [insert -ist] here.

It seems like the SQ series is not universally loved to say the least.  In my case, I somehow ended up with an extra copy of More SQ and needed to sell it.  I only got $7.50.

The_Paladin Jan 15, 2018

Well, I'm not sure I've ever sold anything I listed on this forum, but there's the matter of not wanting to sell it if you're not going to get a reasonable return.  I'm sure if I started at a dollar I could sell a bunch of the albums I have but I'd rather hold onto them than get a pittance.

Qui-Gon Joe Jan 16, 2018

layzee wrote:

Romancing Saga Original Sound Version (original print book-style case). y u no sell, Kenji Ito. Though to be fair, I've sold multiple copies of this. Just this last copy doesn't want to go.

This one doesn't surprise me because for some reason I see tons of this in every used shop I go to in Japan every summer.  No clue why this one ended up so common and some of the other book-style releases are SO rare (looking at you, Mystic Quest).

longhairmike Jan 17, 2018

my mystic quest goes right back into the plastic sleeve after each use. and i open the book only bout 30 degrees so i can get the disc out without putting any stress on the spine

Qui-Gon Joe Jan 17, 2018

longhairmike wrote:

my mystic quest goes right back into the plastic sleeve after each use. and i open the book only bout 30 degrees so i can get the disc out without putting any stress on the spine

Mine was in decent-but-not-great shape when I got it, which is actually probably for the best in this case since I actually listen to it and don't have to be super paranoid!

Board footer

Forums powered by FluxBB