Angela Nov 9, 2007
Figured it's time to start up Apollo's official thread. Capcom released the fact sheet today:
SAN MATEO, Calif. - November 9, 2007 - Capcom® Entertainment, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that the latest installment of its highly popular courtroom drama series, Apollo Justice™: Ace Attorney™ is scheduled for release in North America in early 2008. This is the fourth game in the series and the first developed specifically for Nintendo DS™ and sees a change of direction for the story line with the introduction of new defense attorney Apollo Justice and a host of new characters. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney has been rated T for Teen by the ESRB.
Players star as rookie defense attorney Apollo Justice as he visits crime scenes, questions key witnesses and collects vital evidence before stepping into the courtroom to prove his clients’ innocence. Facing Apollo across the courtroom is the highly talented and flamboyant prosecutor Klavier Gavin who, in addition to being a legal genius, is also lead singer with Gavinners, a highly successful rock band with a string of hits to their name.
He may be young and inexperienced but Apollo’s confident manner and passion, coupled with his unique ability to uncover witnesses’ lies by studying their body language, will prove invaluable assets in the courtroom as he pleads the case for the defense. Thankfully, Apollo is not alone and is aided both in and out of the courtroom by his assistant Trucy, a mysterious female magician. Apollo also receives invaluable advice from his mentor the ultra-cool Kristoph Gavin, elder brother of Klavier, whose perfect logic and natural instincts have won him numerous cases and the respect of his colleagues.
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Features:
• 1st fully new title to be developed specifically for the Nintendo DS.
• Touch screen interface progresses players through the game
• Microphone can be used to yell “Objection!” and “Hold it!” as you cross examine witnesses
• All new “Crime Recreation Mode” that allows players to reveal hidden clues by re-creating the scene of the crime
• Two distinct gameplay segments:
• Investigation phase – survey crime scenes, interview witnesses and gather evidence that will be used in court
• Court phase – present findings from the investigation to support your case, listen to testimonies and examine witnesses
• Diverse cast of characters
Apollo Justice: the new main character who leads the series into a new chapter
Klavier Gavin: in addition to being a top prosecutor, Klavier is also the lead singer in a highly successful rock band who brings his star qualities into the courtroom
Kristoph Gavin: the coolest character on the judicial circuit, and Apollo’s mentor. His cool headed thinking means he always provides his clients with the best defense
Trucy: The mysterious magician Trucy started working with Apollo after a chance encounter.
Ace Attorney 4's coming a lot sooner than I thought. Like I said in the T&T thread, for those lagging behind on the Phoenix trilogy, you'd best pick up the pace; the new blood is on the way. ^_^